This role would suit non-graduates, college or school leavers who are looking to create a firm foundation for a future career in business or accounting.
As one of our trainees, you play a major part in our ongoing success story. From the start of your contract, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and responsibilities, gaining valuable experience while receiving support for your CFAB qualification.
What is a CFAB Qualification?
The Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) is an internationally recognised qualification that teaches fundamentals of finance, accounting, and business.
It can be used for further professional development, or as an entry route to the Association of Chartered Accountants qualification (ACA), and a career in chartered accountancy.
WMT is a trusted advisor, providing a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services. We work with many business types including owners and directors, trustees, and private individuals, to help them run effectively and achieve their goals.
Our progressive, supportive, and friendly environment will allow you to flourish in your career. You will gain practical skills and experience and be supported to discover where your personal strengths and interests lie, creating a firm foundation for your future career, with opportunities to gain experience within the wider firm.
For this role we provide:
A fully funded 18-month training package including:
- CFAB tuition and revision courses, including exams, provided through a leading accountancy training organisation
- Paid study leave
- A friendly and supportive environment which encourages teamwork and knowledge-sharing
- Regular development reviews, mentoring and on-the-job training
- A comprehensive range of technical skills in accounting and taxation
- Experience and knowledge of a range of business services and clients of different types and sizes, enabling your development
- Complete the CFAB qualification over an 18-month period
- In addition to your paid study leave, you should be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your training and achieve exam success
- Work with your line manager to identify your development needs and interests and formulate a set of personal objectives and a development plan to help you achieve your goals
- 3 A Level passes equivalent to or above 120 UCAS points
- GCSE passes including Grade 6 / Grade B or above in both Maths and English Language
- A natural affinity with numbers
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work with accuracy and focus, even under pressure
- Self-motivated and an interest in business and finance
- Experience of using Outlook, Excel and Word
Application and selection process
We are inviting applications for our 2023 intake. This position is offered under a level 4 apprenticeship.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com , outlining your motivations for undertaking the traineeship. We may ask you for further information by email, before progressing your application.
The selection process will consist of an online aptitude test initially, followed by one or more interviews including in-person interviews at our St Albans offices.