Tax advice for hospitality
Ensure that tax doesn’t become a barrier to your ambitions with expert hospitality tax advice.
With thoughtful tax planning, we will show you how to make the most of available tax concessions and incentives.
Save management time and reduce your tax costs, with expert advice from our corporate tax team. We identify and claim available tax reliefs make the most of your business’s tax position.
Whatever your business goals, we can advise on the tax considerations for:
- Structuring your business effectively for whichever stage you are at – whether you are just starting out, re-structuring or preparing for mergers, acquisitions or disposals.
- Holding assets tax efficiently
- Making the most of available capital allowance reliefs on equipment, fixtures and fittings and buildings
- Property tax advice for the acquisition or disposal of leasehold/freehold premises
- Tax-efficient rewards and incentives – including share schemes – to help you recruit, retain and reward your team
- Business expansion in the UK and overseas
- Valuing assets and shares so you understand your business value for tax requirements, to help raise finance, for restructuring or in preparation for growth or sale.
- VAT – including partial exemption – to improve your VAT position
- Research and development (R&D) tax credits to recover some of the costs of your investments into new products, processes, devices, materials and services
Our specialists provide up-to-date advice on the tax treatment of pay and benefits, so you don’t find yourself facing claims, fines or penalties from HMRC. We will:
Check you are meeting your National Minimum Wage obligations.
Provide a professional opinion on the employment status of individual workers and check your contracts, working practices, and how a worker is taxed reflect their status.
Advise on the tax and national insurance implications of taking on employees from overseas.
Review terminations of employment or redundancy packages, to make sure income tax and National Insurance Contributions are paid on the right elements.
Clarify pay and benefit adjustments in situations such as long-term sickness absence or the termination of their employment due to ill health.
From preparing personal tax returns to specialist pro-active wealth planning, we take care of all your personal tax concerns.
Company directors and senior management will benefit from advice on how to take income in a way that makes the most of available rates, reliefs and exemptions.
Tax planning for the longer-term is geared towards minimising your capital gains and inheritance tax liability. This ensures you and your family get as much value as possible from your income and assets.
We can also advise shareholders or employees who could be taxable in more than one country, helping them choose the most tax efficient option in their particular circumstances.
Get in touch with Anne-Maree Dunn to find out more about how we can help you make the most of your tax position.