What should I include in my covering letter?
A well thought-out covering letter will greatly strengthen your application. Some tips to remember:
- Expand on the experience in your CV, don’t just repeat it. Add more detailed information on what you have learnt from your past roles or education and how these skills could be applied in your role at WMT.
- Use specific examples to illustrate your personal qualities.
- Reflect your personality and explain why you are the best person for the job.
- Be honest – you may be asked to elaborate on certain points at interview stage.
- Consider the format and structure, keep your answers concise and to the point.
- Ensure you have used good quality written English and double check spelling, punctuation and grammar – attention to detail is an important skill in accounting.