International Charity Fraud Awareness Week 2019
Charities can be seen as an easy target for criminals. With the rise in fraud and cyber crime, the importance of strong defences to protect income and assets is paramount for charities of all sizes.
International Charity Fraud Awareness week, starting on Monday 21 October, is led by an international coalition of over 40 charities, regulators, law enforcers, representative bodies and other not-for-profit stakeholders. The main aims of the week are to:
- raise awareness of the key risks facing the charity sector
- promote and share good counter-fraud practices
- promote honesty and openness about fraud.
The Charity Commission is encouraging all members of the charity sector to:
- download the supporters pack from the Fraud Advisory Panel website
- join the conversation on Twitter to promote their own good counter-fraud practices or retweeting the Commissions by using the hashtag #CharityFraudOut
- Join the launch event at Chartered Accountants Hall, Moorgate, on 21 October
- Use the free online awareness hub for information, guidance and case studies and access to live webinars that will take place on 21 October. Content will then be available to view from 22 October. Pre-register on the Charity Fraud Awareness Hub