The Tax Club is a specialist forum aimed at solicitors, bankers, IFAs, finance directors who do not have their own specialist tax teams and small sole practitioner accountants. It helps professionals stay up to date with current tax rules and regulations so that they can help their clients identify tax issues that may be a barrier to their plans.
Each meeting lasts for approximately 90 minutes. During that time, our specialist tax advisers will provide a practical review of the latest developments in tax legislation and the impact of significant tax cases. Questions are encouraged, so you can get the most out of each session. There is also some time set aside for networking with fellow professionals.
Full handouts on the topics covered in each Tax Club are provided to attendees and emailed to members after the event, so you can share them with your colleagues.
Company membership is charged at £60 +VAT per year and includes:
- 3 annual meetings in which up to date information and handouts are provided
- Membership for your entire firm, from which two attendees can attend each of the above meetings dates
- Tax Club materials sent to you if you are unable to attend
- The opportunity to network with other professionals
- Providing briefing and training sessions on issues that matter to individuals and owner-managed businesses on tax, finance, business and new legislation.
- Networking with follow professional business advisers and intermediaries.
- Enabling members to stay abreast of the latest tax related developments that may affect their own clients, by alerting them to relevant topics of interest, researched and highlighted by WMT specialists.
Topics covered include:
- Income tax, including employee and proprietor taxation
- Corporation tax
- Capital allowances
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Corporate legislation
What our members say
“Very interesting insights into how tax affects so many aspects of financial planning – carry on the good work!”
“Very satisfied with the format and contents”
“The information passed on through your tax club has helped me to be up-to-date on future changes which will affect my clients. Very helpful.”
Membership to the Tax Club is by invitation only, please email Charlie Read for further details on how to become a member.