Employment law and tax update (London) – what employers need to know for 2018
With challenges for employers rarely out of the news, and legal developments coming thick and fast, it can be hard to keep up with the changes.
HRMC is stepping-up its focus on employment taxes, threatening fines and, in some cases, public naming and shaming for employers who get it wrong. With this in mind it’s important to look at the challenges from both the legal and tax perspectives.
Keep on top of the changes with our employment law and tax update. Co-hosted by employment specialists Mark Fellows of Sherrards Solicitors and Rob Ennis of WMT Chartered Accountants, this update is designed to help employers to deal with the challenges skilfully.
Together they will cover new rules, key issues and common mistakes for:
- Statutory payment increases – what to look out for.
- Employment status – tax v legal status and the likely impact of the gig economy on future legislation.
- National Minimum Wage – five traps and how to avoid them.
- Termination payments – tax changes and an update on recent case law.
- What’s new for 2018:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – what it means for employers.
- Gender pay gap reporting – if not now, then when?
- Protection for employees with mental health concerns.
Business owners and directors with responsibility for HR or payroll won’t want to miss this valuable insight into the 2018 employment landscape.
The event is free to attend and refreshments will be provided. This replaces the event that was previously scheduled for the 28th February which was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
To join us for this event, please click register below or call Charlie Read on 01727 808187.